[linux-audio-user] Setting hardware sample rate of VIA 8237

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Fri Feb 2 21:33:49 EST 2007

On 2/2/07, Joel Roth <joelz at pobox.com> wrote:
> Thanks for clarifying that. I think that another app
> (mplayer) from my web browsing may have changed the
> rate, or somehow caused it to get stuck.
>
> This is not the first time I've had this problem of
> rate-stuck-at-wrong value.  I know it is cured by a reboot,
> but that is something I prefer not to do if I've got 28
> browser tabs and 12 Screen sessions open, if you know what I
> mean.

Are you referring to analog or SPDIF output?  For digital output use iecset:

rlrevell at mindpipe:~$ iecset rate 44100
Mode: consumer
Data: audio
Rate: 44100 Hz
etc.

rlrevell at mindpipe:~$ iecset rate 48000
Mode: consumer
Data: audio
Rate: 48000 Hz
etc.

Apps that change this are supposed to reset it to the original value
when finished but often they don't...

Lee