[linux-audio-user] pam modules / non root users can't get realtime privileges.

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 09:58:44 EST 2007

Hi I see this:

/lib/security/pam_unix.so
/lib/security/pam_unix_acct.so
/lib/security/pam_unix_auth.so
/lib/security/pam_unix_passwd.so
/lib/security/pam_unix_session.so

lsmod | grep pam
(nothing) I dont know how does it works...

I have:

apt-cache policy libpam-modules
libpam-modules:
  Instalados: 0.79-4
  Candidato: 0.79-4
  Tabla de versión:
 *** 0.79-4 0
        990 ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org testing/main Packages

kernel:

Linux 2.6.20-rc5-rt2 #2 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jan 15 22:24:12 EET 2007 i686
GNU/Linux

But, non root users can't get realtime privileges.

Lee told me to use something like this into /etc/security/limits.conf

@audio               hard    rtprio  99
@audio               hard    nice    -20
@audio               soft    nice    -20
@audio               hard    memlock 500000

My user is into the audio group, of course

But the problem is still here: no realtime JACK audio for non root users... I
cant install an Ubuntu libpam-modules into this system, because it will break
the package dependency system.

What else could I do?

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre