[linux-audio-user] Which distribution? (Used to be DeMuDi)

Joel Roth joelz at pobox.com
Sun Feb 4 11:42:00 EST 2007

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 04:18:56PM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Asbjørn Sæbø hat gesagt: // Asbjørn Sæbø wrote:
>
> > But then one would probably have to use testing, to keep up?  Stable is
> > a good and stable distribution, but most of the time severely lagging
> > compared to current audio software, I would guess.
>
> Yes, I would also recommend testing. Testing is very stable, though
> not by name.

I also use and recommend 'testing', which is currently
'etch'. The 'etch' installer was delightfully easy
to use.

Also, I recommend you set your /etc/apt/sources.list to
'etch' rather than 'testing' so that you won't accidentally
upgrade your whole system when 'testing' gets
promoted from 'etch' to 'sarge'.

--
Joel Roth