[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Releases : Tapeutape and Tranches

Florent Berthaut hitmuri at no-log.org
Mon Feb 5 10:50:56 EST 2007

Dragan Noveski a écrit :
> Dragan Noveski wrote:
>> Florent Berthaut wrote:

>>> Did you launch tranches while an app was the transport master for
>>> jack ?
>>> Otherwise tranches will segfault (i'll fix this soon), usually i
>>> start seq24 as the transport master and then press the play button
>>> in it.
>>> After that i launch tranches .
>>> Actually tranches need to know the bpm of jack transport, that's why
>>> it segfault if transport is not active .
>>> I'll find a way to fix this, it shouldn't be too complicated .
>>>
>>> Flo
>>>

>> please give me some time to found out more about tranches and do some
>> serious test.
>> i tried now running seq24 as a transport master, but still the segfault.
>>
>> i ll report (promise!).
>>
>> cheers,
>> doc
>>
> ok, looks like this here:
>
> i changed the example file in tapeutape, so that the paths to the
> samples are showing to some samples in my homedir, and look  - it
> works very well  with seq24  and jack.
> unfortunately, i really don´t understand the example file in tranches.
> is tranches designed to control  a hardware midi  stuff (i don´t have
> any here)?
>
> generally, please don´t get me wrong or nonconstructive, but for me
> editing the example file for being able to play samples is really
> complicated!
> what we need is some "specimen" mechanism, but i don´t know how heavy
> it is to design sth like that. ( i can imagine, it is not simple at all!)
>
> for now, tapeutape works good and stable here, i ll play more with this!!
>
> thanks for your work and the support,
> cheers,
> doc

First of all ,yes tranches is supposed to work with a midi interface,
actually i made it because i'm working on a project for university to
create an application which lets you design and use graphical midi/osc
controllers (2D and 3D) , so i was planning to use tranches with it.

For now i use it with either my midi controller or with virtual
controllers such as _virtual keyboard_ (vkeybd) and
_midicontroller(http://sourceforge.net/projects/midicontrol/) _, you
should try these .
Or maybe i could put a button and three sliders to simply use tranches
with the gui, let me know if you think this would be better .

AS for the xml config in tapeutape ...
the first thing is that it wasn't planned to do a gui version.
So xml file is the simpler solution, but maybe it is quite confusing to
gui users, even with the reload/reset menu item.
I think i'll add a gui to create kits when i have time for it , actually
i have already made some of the components (keyboard for the midi notes,
and a graphical array for the velocities).

Glad you appreciate tapeutape !!!
Thanks for testing ;)

Flo