[linux-audio-user] A Simple Plan

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Tue Feb 6 10:03:25 EST 2007

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 09:00:16AM +0000, James Stone wrote:
> Have you looked at Aldrin? It also has the same level of control
> over plugin parameters (I have just discovered how to do it!).
> And is Linux native.. Buzz-like interface.

I haven't, but I definately mean to. I like the things that Leonard
Ritter says (e.g. being able to distribute everything together without
depending on external effects) about it, and the development seems to be
going really fast. A couple of friends of mine used to be crazy about
the original Buzz. As soon as I get some time I want to check Aldrin out.

> The only thing it can't do at the moment that you are doing is play
> puredata patches, although you could use the dssi-vst plugin and
> load the pdvst I suppose. I think the author is trying to move
> away from the dssi plugin idea though, so that songs written in
> aldrin can be shared between people in the community without the
> searching for plugins problem that beset Buzz.

I think that's a good idea, actually. And it's probably possible to
interface with Puredata in some other way, like Jack, right? Puredata
supports it I think, I'm just not sure about Buzz.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Best,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx