[linux-audio-user] Less braindead player than xmms ?

Forest Bond forest at alittletooquiet.net
Mon Feb 12 13:51:32 EST 2007

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 06:57:58PM -0500, lanas wrote:
> Now, after playing a CD with xmms I want to play some tunes from the
> har drive.  So I open the m3u file and after that xmms redoes all the
> connections to jack, bypassing the jamin connections I made.  And xmms
> makes a lot of connections to the default alsa_pcm device )in this case
> supporting a M-Audio 1010LT).

Hmm.  Isn't there an option like "Release Device When Playback Is Stopped"?  You
should un-check that, if there is.  The xmms driver is dropping its connection
to jack when playback stops, and that is what is causing your problem.  (You
could conceivably see this issue with other players, too).

-Forest