[linux-audio-user] Less braindead player than xmms ?

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Tue Feb 13 20:03:29 EST 2007

Le Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:10:21 +0000,
Chris Cannam <cannam at all-day-breakfast.com> a écrit :

> Someone here was recently bemoaning the poor performance of xine with
> JACK. I don't know whether that was with this plugin or the earlier
> one based on jackasyn that was never actually included in the
> official xine tree.

I tried xine, since it's already installed.  It seems to work OK but
when I change from one side of the Beryl cube to the other there's a
short glitch.  And the machine froze by two times.  Whether this is
asscoiated with xine, I don't know.  Or maybe it's the combination of
Beryl, jack, Jamin, VMware running Windows.  And xine.

It's a bit too bad that Linux starts to be like this.  I mean, to be
like run-of-the-mill Windows.  I'm directing this rant mostly at Beryl,
whose team does not seem to be able to stop releasing releases
no-matter-what.  Een if their server was attacked by Compiz people. The
last update I did on a x86_64 machine broke it down.  No more Beryl.
Then, what would people do ? Start becoming like Windows tweakers who
know all the little black box tricks that makes Windows work and
while making plain people think they're computer geniuses.

Well, I hope Linux won't continue on that trend and will instead remain
a very stable system. I guess it's possible to be cute and stable.  Or
is it ?

Cheers.