[linux-audio-user] Muse, jack, and silence.

St st at tobiah.org
Mon Feb 19 22:06:51 EST 2007

I tried MuSE today, on my Kubuntu system.  I started Jack, and MuSE,
and opened up a Midi file.  I saw MuSE Midi connection in the qjackctl
connection window, and I was able to play the midi file through an
external synth.

In the Audio tab of the qjackctl connection window however, I did not
see any inputs or outputs to MuSE.  I imported a .wav file, but I did
not get any sound by playing it.  Similarly, attempting to record from
my microphones, I saw that envy24ctl was getting audio from my mikes,
but no connections were shown in the qjackctl connection window, and
I recorded nothing but silence with MuSE.

With Ardour, all of the inputs and outputs show up in qjackctl
automatically.  Is there something else that I must do to get
MuSE to connect to jack on the audio channels?

Oh, and also, how involved would it be to get my SBLive to respond
to Midi events with its internal synth?

Thanks,

Tobiah