[linux-audio-user] Firewire-Success

Pieter Palmers pieterp at joow.be
Tue Feb 20 08:27:24 EST 2007

sevol wrote:
> Arnold Krille wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> at http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/?q=node/557 I have written down
>> (part of) my success-story with my new rack featuring a Presonus
>> Firepod. It works great using the freebob-drivers by P. Palmers & Co.
>> Thanks guys!
>>
>> Feel free to ask and have a nice weekend,
>>
>> Arnold
>
> Hi Arnold,
>
> Your setup looks nice. My Firepod sits in a 4U 10.5 inch (26.7 cm) deep
> FX/Amp rack, making it a somewhat more compact arrangement. But your
> laptop drawer & the extra space for cables at the back seems pretty
> handy (plus, that extra space perhaps allows for a little more heat
> dissipation, too), so, your setup might be a better choice. Thanks for
> the photos & info.
>
> Unfortunately, I'm a little to dumb to get my Firepod working with
> Linux. I can't put the pieces together. Under Fedora Core 5/PlanetCCRMA
> my Firepod's not even detected. The problem may start earlier in the
> chain. I can't even figure out how to tell if my laptop's firewire
> adapter card is being detected by FC5, except that popping it in or out
> does nothing. It works in WinXP, but that's not what I want to do. I'm
> curious, what distro are you running?

Can you put these two files in the same directory, and run the
freebob_debug_log.sh script as follows:

(as root)
# ./freebob_debug_log username verbose.log > out.log

then send me the verbose.log and out.log files.

You can also try and take a look at the out.log file, it will most
likely indicate the problems.

Greets,

Pieter Palmers
FreeBoB Developer

PS: freebob related questions have more chance of being answered on the
freebob-devel mailing list.