[linux-audio-user] Internet streams, signal levels

M P Smoak smoak at mis.net
Tue Feb 20 13:44:18 EST 2007

When I want to listen to jazz via internet, I go to
one or the other of CJRT and KCSM (.pls I use below).
The signal level difference between the two streams is
what I'd call huge.  CJRT high, KCSM low.

Could someone try these and let me know if you hear the
same difference?  I don't think this could be in my
setup here.

Are there standards for what volume streams should have
when broadcasting?  Is one of these streams faulty?

Of course, I can adjust my volume, but I'm real surprised
that I have to make a major adjustment.  But everytime I
do I bugs me and get my curiosity stirred up.  I hope one
of the pro's here can educate me on this.

Marv

[playlist]
NumberOfEntries=1
Title1=Canada's Premier Jazz Station, JAZZ.FM91
File1=http://216.123.189.13:8000

[playlist]
NumberOfEntries=1
File1=http://hifi.kcsm.org:8002/