[linux-audio-user] Comments please

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Tue Feb 20 15:16:46 EST 2007

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 01:29:47 +0100
Nigel Henry <cave.dnb at tiscali.fr> wrote:

> On Tuesday 20 February 2007 00:36, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > On Monday 19 February 2007 22:34, Folderol wrote:

> > > Buggritt! Typo again :((
> > >
> > > http:/www.musically.me.uk/music/Ghost_Train.ogg
> > > http:/www.musically.me.uk/music/Ghost_Train.mp3
> >
> > Well that URL still ain't working. You've missed a slash, but even with
> > that in I can't get access.
> >
> > I looked in my bookmarks to your old site, and that redirected me to.
> > http://www.musically.me.uk/updates.html
> >
> > Sure enough the new track is there.
> >
> > I'm not being made to look a fool by these new fangled computers, and the
> > odd typo that someone makes.
> >
> > Ghost Train is making it's way through cyberspace at this moment in time.
> >
> > Thanks Will.
> >
> > Nigel.
> >
> > Comments later.
>
> Comments have arrived. Fantastic track Will. I pushed it through my sound
> system in the cellar, and had my chest vibrating with the bass.
>
> One of your best ones to date. Nice work.
>
> All the best.
>
> Nigel.

Thanks for your comments Nigel .... and your patience!

I was a bit concerned that I might have been a bit too heavy-handed with
the bass, but obviously not :)

Thanks also to the others who commented.

Incidentally, my new machine is an AMD 64bit dual core beast, built for
me in a very quiet 3U rackmount case by the nice people at 64Studio,
and for a very reasonable price too.

I have some real elbow room now. I'm going a bit slow at the moment to
try to avoid getting any crud on the machine. I will be keeping it
purely for music work and carry on using my desktop machine for officy
and Internetty thingies.

--
Will J G