[linux-audio-user] Internet streams, signal levels

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 17:21:58 EST 2007

Sounds like CJRT has their preamp turned up too high.. there is a
fair bit of clipping at times.

KCSM sounds nice to me, maybe a bit on the low side compared to
studio compressed mp3s.. I would say CJRT is too loud (but I am
no expert at all).

Just as a matter of interest, how did you find KCSM? It doesn't
show up on Shoutcast, or on my program tunapie that connects to
shoutcast (plug.. plug...)

http://tunapie.sourceforge.net

As far as I know Winamp queries the same server.. so it makes no
sense to me...

James