[linux-audio-user] Firewire-Success

sevol sevol at inwa.net
Wed Feb 21 12:08:12 EST 2007

Pieter Palmers wrote:

 > since you have planetccrma installed, you can use apt-get or synaptic
to install libfreebob and jack-audio-connection-kit. Normally all
depencies will be automatically installed.

I'll give it a try.

 > Note that firewire audio devices are only supported through jackd
(i.e. jack-audio-connection-kit).

 >> Wish I didn't have to bother you with things which must seem
completely trivial. Is there a place where basic freebob info is
explained or is the landscape of system hardware, distro, & freebob
development too varied & shifting to account for in a succinct manner?
Or is that why I'm on these list? :)

 > http://freebob.sourceforge.net

Actually, I was there looking at the List of Supported Devices before I
bought the Presonus Firepod & seeing it listed there was one reason I
have it now. The site totally slipped my mind, sorry.

 > Pieter

Many thanks,
         sevol