[linux-audio-user] OT: FUD or not? what is your opinion?

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Thu Feb 22 18:29:29 EST 2007

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 23:02:10 +0000
Damon Chaplin <damon at karuna.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 09:49 -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:

<snippety snip>

> > Today I have no good hopes for an audio-optimized general Linux desktop.
> > Tomorrow I might feel better about it all, but right now I really don't
> > see any organized effort to change the current situation.
>
> I'm optimistic. All the ingredients are there. It just needs to be
> connected up.
>
> Damon

I'm sort of optimistic but frustrated. I very much want to contribute,
but when I had a proper look at the source of ZynAddSubFX I found that
the level of programming is *far* beyond what I used to some 15 odd
years ago. I'd probably be more of a hindrance than a help, having to
keep asking damn fool questions that 'anyone' knows the answers to :(

--
Will J G