[linux-audio-user] Two other tracks

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Feb 22 20:41:47 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 11:08 +0100, Yves Potin wrote:
> Le 20 Feb à 20:06, Ken Restivo ecrivait:
>
> > Wow, very nice stuff. The production is lush and beautiful.  I've sent
> > links to a few friends with the caption, "Here, listen to what can be
> > done with Linux". :-)
>
>         Thank you :).
>

> > The guitar playing reminds me a lot of Bruford-era Allan Holdsworth.  So
> > for me it is like a trip back to the late 1970's, and at my age I kinda
> > like that.
>
>         Argh, I'm discovered :). In fact what I have tried to do with this
> music is to find something at the boundaries of ambient music and this
> jazz fusion style you are talking about. The musicians I listen to
> actually are Vir Unis and Steve Roach. But there's not only Holdsworth
> in the world of guitar playing :), there's also Scott Henderson and Tribal
> Tech.

as a fellow Unis & Roach fan, I congratulate you on the whole set, but
particularly Breathes which didn't leave my comfort zone at all.

the only negative i would offer is that some of the lead synth on Caves
and Light...  is a bit too "raw" for the overall feel.

very nice work and i'm glad to have played a small role in its creation.

--p