[linux-audio-user] Ardour's samplerate

prg at ichthyostega.de prg at ichthyostega.de
Mon Feb 26 13:42:09 EST 2007

Am Montag, den 26.02.2007, 19:23 +0100 schrieb e:
> When I start Ardour it always comes up in 48k,even when I start jack in 44100.

Ardour doesn't "start" with a specific sample rate. Rather, it uses the
sample rate of the current session (which it deduces form the source
samples used). Then, it tries to connect to jack, which -- of course
will be only successfull, if there is a jackd with the correct sample
rate currently running).

When Ardour starts up, it has not yet loaded any session and displays
some default values. Just ignore them and either:

 - create a new session and specify the correct sample rate
 - open an existing session-XML

Cheers,
Hermann Vosseler

PS: under some circumstances, Ardour is (was?) able to start up a
jack demon on its own. You will see this on the output of the terminal
you used to launch Ardour. Often this ist not what one would expect
and want....