[linux-audio-user] Survey about exporting audio sessions

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon Feb 26 16:41:59 EST 2007

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 10:15:38PM +0100, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm working on concepts for a new export dialog in Ardour.
>
> I would like to hear of your needs regarding final mixdown
> /export using any software, not just Ardour.
>
> - Do you export once in the end, or do you do tests in
> between?

usually near the end of the project, but it usually takes multiple
exports before I get it right.

> - Do you work with stereo and/or multi-channel?

always stereo.

> - What are your targets: CD, DVD, Web?

CD and web.

> - File-types: WAV, Flac, Ogg, MP3?

Currently just WAV, but I would use all of the above.

> - Bits and sampling rates you need?

so far I only export to 16/44.1

> - Do you or would you like to export to several formats at
> once? If yes, which exactly?

FLAC  MP3

> - Do you know of outstanding solutions in any application?

nope

> - If you use Jamin, do you feed it with multitrack material
> or rather with mixdowns?

mixdowns only. And I don't really like to run jamin and ardour at
the same time, that's often too much work for my computer.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com