[linux-audio-user] Survey about exporting audio sessions

Brett W. McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 16:48:28 EST 2007

On 2/26/07, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ at freenet.de> wrote:

> I'm working on concepts for a new export dialog in Ardour.
>
> I would like to hear of your needs regarding final mixdown
> /export using any software, not just Ardour.
>
> - Do you export once in the end, or do you do tests in
> between?

I do tests in between, usually so I can send various mix tests to the
client for feedback.

> - Do you work with stereo and/or multi-channel?

Just stereo

> - What are your targets: CD, DVD, Web?

CD, sometimes web

> - File-types: WAV, Flac, Ogg, MP3?

WAV

> - Bits and sampling rates you need?

16/44.1

> - Do you or would you like to export to several formats at
> once? If yes, which exactly?

Not really a big deal, I export to WAV and then convert to what I need
later, if needed, using lame or oggenc or similar.

> - Do you know of outstanding solutions in any application?
> - What problems do you run into?
> - Wishlist items?

*shrug* None, really

> - If you use Jamin, do you feed it with multitrack material
> or rather with mixdowns?

I just use a stereo mixdown with Jamin.

-- Brett