[linux-audio-user] ANN: JOST, a simple host for native VST

Thomas Kuther gimpel at sonnenkinder.org
Tue Feb 27 04:24:08 EST 2007

On Di, 27.02.07 09:24 Leonard Ritter <contact at leonard-ritter.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 02:48 +0100, Hartmut Noack wrote:
> > Still there is no need for another sequencer-project on Linux - it
> > would be really great if such a talented coder could join Muse,
> > Rosegarden or help making LASH usable...
>
> both are KDE-projects and hence appear a bit ugly, and this fact won't
> change. yes yes, superficial reasoning, but KDE is really
> unattractive.

I'd say that all of them, KDE, MusE and Rosegarden are Qt apps.
And if I got that right around IRC, Lucio is not really a fan of Qt.

But he is a big fan of JUCE, using twindy [1], coding JUCE stuff
[2][3]... why tell him to join some Qt-based projects? To me that
sounds like telling the guys that coded Gnomebaker why the hell they
didn't better go and help making K3b perfect.

And indeed JUCE looks great and works great, just look at Lucio's
and Niall Moody's stuff, or that cool app called Mammut [4] recently
announced here on the list - or Tracktion :)

Tom

[1] http://www.niallmoody.com/twindy/index.htm
[2] http://www.anticore.org/juce/angeljuice/
[3] http://www.anticore.org/jucetice/