[linux-audio-user] ANN: JOST, a simple host for native VST

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Tue Feb 27 10:14:32 EST 2007

Greetings:

I just wanted to say to Michael that my remarks are not intended as any
sort of personal assault upon him, Lucio, or Jorgen. Michael, I do not
know you, but I trust that your posts have been made in the good faith
that they will be read and responded to by reasonable people. Well,
people who are at least *supposed* to be reasonable. :)

It should be obvious that the issue(s) raised are of rather passionate
interest to the community at large. Fine by me, you've warmed the place
up a bit, I have no problem with that. But please understand that some
of us here have been working with FOSS projects for a rather long time,
and we may have some strong reasons and opinions that have come from
that lengthy involvement.

Developers and users coming from typically closed-source environments
will have much to learn about a world like Linux, but that doesn't mean
the street's one-way only. IMO the Win/Mac audio software world has some
very positive aspects for Linux audio developers to consider, and a
willing spirit won't hurt anyone in either world.

Best,

dp