[linux-audio-user] lv2dynparam

Nedko Arnaudov nedko at arnaudov.name
Wed Feb 28 08:09:35 EST 2007

Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen at gmail.com> writes:

> Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
>
>> Current Makefile hackery installs the plugin into LV2_PATH. Have you
>> "export"-ed the LV2_PATH variable?
>
> Sure:
> atte at ajstrup:~/software/zynjacku/zynjacku$ echo $LV2_PATH
> /usr/lib/lv2:/usr/local/lib/lv2:/home/atte/.lv2

"echo" does not show if variable exported, try "env|grep LV2_PATH"

But since you have colon separeted list cp will not do good things.

> First I got this:
> atte at ajstrup:~/software/zynjacku/zynjacku$ ./gen_py_constants.py
> `pkg-config --variable=includedir lv2dynparamhost-1`
> '^LV2DYNPARAM_PARAMETER_'
> -bash: ./gen_py_constants.py: Permission denied

Uhm, I'll investigate that

> After making doing chmod +x I got:
>
> atte at ajstrup:~/software/zynjacku/zynjacku$ ./gen_py_constants.py
> `pkg-config --variable=includedir lv2dynparamhost-1`
> '^LV2DYNPARAM_PARAMETER_'
> PyModule_AddObject(m, "LV2DYNPARAM_PARAMETER_TYPE_FLOAT_URI",
> PyString_FromString("http://home.gna.org/lv2dynparam/v1#parameter_float"));
> PyModule_AddObject(m, "LV2DYNPARAM_PARAMETER_TYPE_INT_URI",
> PyString_FromString("http://home.gna.org/lv2dynparam/v1#parameter_int"));
> PyModule_AddObject(m, "LV2DYNPARAM_PARAMETER_TYPE_NOTE_URI",
> PyString_FromString("http://home.gna.org/lv2dynparam/v1#parameter_note"));
> PyModule_AddObject(m, "LV2DYNPARAM_PARAMETER_TYPE_STRING_URI",
> PyString_FromString("http://home.gna.org/lv2dynparam/v1#parameter_string"));
> PyModule_AddObject(m, "LV2DYNPARAM_PARAMETER_TYPE_FILENAME_URI",
> PyString_FromString("http://home.gna.org/lv2dynparam/v1#parameter_filename"));
> PyModule_AddObject(m, "LV2DYNPARAM_PARAMETER_TYPE_BOOLEAN_URI",
> PyString_FromString("http://home.gna.org/lv2dynparam/v1#parameter_boolean"));
> PyModule_AddObject(m, "LV2DYNPARAM_PARAMETER_TYPE_ENUM_URI",
> PyString_FromString("http://home.gna.org/lv2dynparam/v1#parameter_enum"));

good

>> gen_py_constants.py is executed several times, with different regex,
>> From Makefile. Result is collected in init_py_constants.c
>> I guess that file is empty for some strange reason?
>
> It's not even there. Note that I didn't run make in the zynjacku
> directory before (should I?). Now I tried and got this:

You should. That will build the engine.

> atte at ajstrup:~/software/zynjacku/zynjacku$ make
> Package libslv2 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libslv2.pc'
> No package 'libslv2' found
> Package libslv2 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libslv2.pc'
> No package 'libslv2' found
> gcc -c  -g -I/usr/include/python2.4 -Wall -Werror -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC
> engine.c

[snip]

> Basically the first thing it complains is it's unable to find
> libslv2.pc. And sure it's nowhere on my system (according to slocate
> with a fresh slocatedb

Yes, you need slv2 library. It is a "host library to make using LV2
plugins as simple as possible". You can checkout it from Dave
Robillard's repository. AFAIK it depends from raul library from same
repository. There is top level infrastructure that will build all things
From the repo but I personally don't use it. Repository URL is:

http://svn.drobilla.net/lad

checkout URL for raul only:

http://svn.drobilla.net/lad/raul

checkout URL for SLV2 only:

http://svn.drobilla.net/lad/slv2

If you checkout the whole repository, you will get patchage and ingen too.

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>