[linux-audio-user] dual-core and jack question

Yves Potin yves at jazzcomputer.org
Wed Feb 28 17:58:31 EST 2007

Le 28 Feb à 23:25, Atte André Jensen ecrivait:

> Ok that sounds good. How is it decided which app is running on which
> core and can a running app (realtime audio) switch core?

        It's the task of the system, you have absolutely no control on
that. I can see very often a core taking the following of a process which
previously ran on another one (a core or a CPU because my PC has two
processors). I *never* take care of that, I just have a gkrellm to show me
what's happening. And I'm very happy with that :).

Y.