[linux-audio-user] cross platform FOSS audio software list

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Tue Jan 30 04:50:17 EST 2007

On Tuesday 30 Jan 2007 09:34, Tom Szilagyi wrote:
> For a while, I have been maintaining a Windows port of the Aqualung
> music player, and recently I have added LADSPA support into the port,
> along with a ported set of TAP-plugins.

Audacity supports LADSPA plugins on Windows as well, and there are
several DLLs of plugins we all know and love available from the
Audacity site.  My next Sonic Visualiser release will support both
LADSPA and DSSI effects on Windows too, although SV isn't a very useful
host for effects processing.

Tom, can you point me to any documentation or examples for your
flattened metadata format?  For a long time Rosegarden has supported
flat text files as well as LRDF for plugin categorisation although not
for any of the other metadata, and so far I've been using the same
format for SV's Vamp feature extraction plugins -- but mine is not an
especially good format and I wouldn't mind supporting another instead
if it was simple to use without any additional libraries.

Also, how about a default LADSPA plugin path on Windows?  Audacity
irritatingly likes to have them in %ProgramFiles%\Audacity\Plug-Ins,
but a generic name like %ProgramFiles%\LADSPA Plugins (or Plug-Ins?)
would seem more sensible.

Ugh, all this talk of Program Files is making me feel icky.

Chris