laptop noise (was Re: [linux-audio-user] intel core 2 duo and amd turion 64x2)

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Sat Mar 10 16:21:47 EST 2007

On Sat Mar 10, 2007 at 04:10:30PM -0500, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 11:56:32AM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > >I doubt it - it sounds like your laptop vendor used cheap noisy capacitors.
> > If you use high-end power strips with over-voltage protection like
> > from APX or other vendors then possibly putting them on separate power
> > strips might work.
>
> I'll try that. Thanks for the suggestions ... not holding out much hope

a better-isolated sound card might fix the issue as well. ive heard plenty of noisy desktops/notebooks that were fixed with a proper pci/pcmcia card.. even if the plugs were still attached to the card/case rather than breakout...

maybe even a 3-pronged AC adaptor if youre using 2-pronged? kind of a long shot, but who knows...