[linux-audio-user] [ANN] QjackCtl 0.2.22 released!

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Sat Mar 31 11:09:18 EDT 2007

Marc-Olivier Barre wrote:
> On 3/31/07, Petter Sundlöf <petter.sundlof at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Though it's not clear by the wording, I interpreted it as them being in
>> the MIDI tab.
>>
>> Lars Luthman wrote:

>> Kit is
>> >
>> > Eh? So it's impossible to connect JACK MIDI ports using QjackCtl
>> 0.2.22?
>> > If so, that makes it rather useless to me.
>
> AFAIR, qjackctl did not know how to connect jack midi ports yet. I
> assume Rui only hid the ports wrongly showing up in the audio port
> list. That does not imply he added jack midi support. Rui ? still
> there ? are jack midi ports supported or only hidden ?

Todays 0.2.22 release does not support JACK MIDI ports.

Until 0.2.21, inclusive, JACK MIDI ports were being listed on the Audio
Connections tab but you could only connect the right ones if you know
those are of the correct type, which I believe is counter-intuitive,
inconsistent, or just plain wrong.

As I said, the coming changes to QjackCtl will have this straight, and
there will be three tabs con the connections window: JACK Audio ports,
JACK MIDI ports and ALSA MIDI ports.

But again, that will most probably happen _after_ proper JACK MIDI
backend drivers get real in the JACK source tree.

Cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org