[LAU] flashing RT in qjackctl

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 16:22:19 EST 2007

On Nov 25, 2007 12:32 PM, Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc at rncbc.org> wrote:
> Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
> > Sonntag, 25. November 2007 Rui Nuno Capela:
> >>
> >> eye-candy :) it just means that jackd is started
> >
> > Hi Rui, why not get rid of the flashing altogether? It is irritating as no
> > other status is flashing.
> >

> can that be subject to an user option? it just happens it's not
> irritating to me, but that can be just me. after all, i did it on my own
> call, but i remember to hear some critics about the long since birth
> dullness of the "RT" indication ;)
>
> cheers

Yikes - I didn't know you were even listening to me! ;-)

That darn RT thing has been my one nagging item about the qjc
interface. I've always felt that the way it is currently displayed in
a 'dull' font would better indicate (to me) that the system is RT
capable but that RT is currently disabled. I would prefer a bright (
and in my case non-blinking) font to show that RT is activated.

It would be great if you were to make it user configurable. I would
search out and use a configuration that implemented what I outline
above if possible.

Thanks,
Mark