[LAU] Jack command line connect

Simon Williams simon at systemparadox.co.uk
Thu Oct 11 19:28:34 EDT 2007

In my attempt to stop the flipping xruns I get even from a really simple
jack/fluidsynth (with 6.5mb soundfont) setup, I'm going to see if I can
get it to run without xruns at all- so I'm going to stop the X server
(which takes up quite a lot of cpu and memory).

Before I can do this, I need to work out how on earth to connect
fluidsynth to alsa_pcm without qjackctl. Why are there no man pages or
--help or anything for jack_connect, etc? I've tried the obvious:
"jack_connect fluidsynth alsa_pcm", but that doesn't work and without
any usage information whatsoever I'm completely stuffed. Also, a command
line list of port names that can be connected would be nice.

Thanks
Simon