[LAU] leadsheet software needed

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 14:41:32 EDT 2007

Hello all!

I group I recently joined is doing a gig in two weeks.  After a few
months of practicing, there are still a few tunes that I don't have
memorized, so I need to generate a lead sheet pretty quickly.  I could
write them out by hand fairly easily, but I would like to keep a
digital library of leadsheets.  Is there a program that will generate
"realbook-style" leadsheets for Linux?  I basically need just a simple
staff with what I call rhythm slashes, and a mechanism for putting
chord symbols above the staff.  (Jazz players who have spent many
nights in a dark room reading the original - and illegal - Real Book
know exactly what I'm looking for here.)

I realize there are complex tools like Lilypond that will probably do
this, but I would like something simpler, maybe with a gui.

Thanks!

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com