[LAU] recorded using arecord, plaback seems a bit fast

H. S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 18:32:20 EDT 2007

Hello,

I used the following command to record audio from a live performance using
the  M2496 [M Audio Audiophile 24/96] card on a machine running Ubuntu
Feisty:
$> arecord -D plug:hw:1 --duration=600 --file-type au  --format=dat
--nonblock recording-arecord.au

Then I transfered the au file to my home computer and opened it in audacity.
When I playback the file, it appears to be being played back at a slightly
faster rate.

I also tried to encode the original au file to a flac file first, before
transfering the file, using this command:
$>  flac  -f --endian=big --channels=2 --sample-rate=48000 --bps=16
--sign=signed  recording-arecord.au

Then I imported that flac file in to audacity on my home computer. It plays
back the same as as the original au file -- seems a tiny bit faster.

What could be the problem?

thanks,
->HS