[LAU] debian realtime kernel config 2.6.25.8.rt7

Emanuel Rumpf xbran at web.de
Tue Jul 15 11:13:12 EDT 2008

2008/7/14 David Baron <d_baron at 012.net.il>:

>> > I have /dev/rtc from previous
>>
>> that's the old interface
>> it's incompatible, deactivate it. look at my config!
>>   ( zcat config.gz | grep -i rtc )
>> see src/Documentation/rtc.txt for more info
>>
>> # CONFIG_RTC is not set
>> # CONFIG_GEN_RTC is not set
>> # CONFIG_HPET_RTC_IRQ is not set
> It is not compatible with what?
with the new rtc (at least it's not recommended to use both (see below)

> Here is ~$ lsmod | grep rtc
> snd_rtctimer            3616  0
> rtc_cmos               10848  0
> rtc_core               19632  1 rtc_cmos
> rtc_lib                 3200  1 rtc_core
> rtc                    14620  1 snd_rtctimer
>
> The "old" rtc is used by snd_rtctimer so that needs also to be replaced if
> CONFIG_RTC will not be used. You may want the HPET in place of all of this?

hm..
when I was selecting the new rtc-driver in menuconf, I got a warning,
it would be incompatible with the old rtc.
Also it doesn't sound convincing to me, to run two different
rtc-drivers at the same time.
I don't have snd_rtctimer, only snd_timer.

in
  linux/sound/core/rtctimer.c
I find:
#if defined(CONFIG_RTC) || defined(CONFIG_RTC_MODULE)

so you might be right, that the snd_rtctimer
still requires the old rtc.

# lsmod | grep -i rtc
rtc_cmos               11680  0
rtc_core               21584  1 rtc_cmos
rtc_lib                 4096  1 rtc_core