[LAU] OT: Double bass (Kontrabass) Recommended listening.

Peter Hartmann peter at hartmanncomputer.com
Sun Jun 8 15:37:52 EDT 2008

> Also, don't forget the great Paul Chambers

If you're gonna go that far then definitely check out Jimmy Blanton.
He basically invented walking bass.  For swing, I think his feel
absolutely can't be topped.   Seriously, over  PC Ray Brown, Oscar
Petiford.    If you are interested in the role of bass as a rhythm
section instrument (as opposed to a super-chops/soloist) then it's
good idea to check out some drummers/great-rhythm-sections.