[LAU] Frequent ALSA freezeups

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Fri Jun 27 05:35:57 EDT 2008

I connect a MIDI keyboard from the soundcard with its interface to the MIDI
playing sound card using qjackctl's connection pane. Jackd is not running.

I can play just fine. If I have, say noteedit or mscore running -- I am
composing -- eventually the thing will simply freeze up and there is no
recourse but the reset button. Thank G-d for a journaled file system.

I do not believe the other running program is the problem. It makes it very
difficult to use the MIDI to play the melody and compose. I am not using that
keyboard for note entry.

Anyone else had similar problems? Fixed it?