[LAU] new recordings

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sat Mar 29 18:14:01 EDT 2008

mik wrote:
> ... I don't seem to manage to compile
> lib_jcsound.so. jni.h was found after I made some changes in custom.py,
> but only csnd.jar is produced.
> I used  "scons install=1 useDouble=1 useCoreAudio=0 buildUtilities=0
> buildPythonOpcodes=1 buildJavaWrapper=1 buildRelease=1
> dynamicCsoundLibrary=1" (with 5.07, because with 5.08 I didn't even get
> csnd.jar).
> Also, there doesn't seem to be a Linux equivalent of devIL.dll, but
> maybe that isn't necessary.

I used the same options to build Csound 5.08 on both systems here, with
the addition of 64-bit specific options for that platform. I had
problems with the Java wrapper until I added the path to my Java
installation to PATH:

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/java/:/usr/java/bin/

I also defined JAVA_HOME the same way. After that, the wrapper built
cleanly.

Btw, yes, you will need DevIL.so, it's in the lwjgl-optional package
along with IL.so, ILU.so, and ILUT.so, all of which you'll need.

HTH,

dp