[LAU] No audio going between JACK and sound card

ANDERSON GREGORY gymjb at stu.ca
Thu Sep 11 13:23:38 EDT 2008

I just installed Fedora 9 but I am having trouble getting
JACK configured properly.  The only way I can get jack to
start without failing is by using the 'dummy' driver.  But
I cannot get sound out of the computer (even though ardour
is working properly and playing) or any sound into the
computer.  Is this 'dummy' driver an actual driver?

I had it woring excellent in Fedora 8 but in my absent
mindedness did not write down how it was configured.  I do
believe I was using alsa though.  Do I need to set the
path to the driver, it just says 'jackd' now?

If someone could answer my questions or at least point me
to a resource I would be very thankful.

Greg.