[LAU] Native Linux VSTs !!

Leigh Dyer leigh at eclinic.com.au
Tue Dec 15 07:09:00 EST 2009

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Peter Nelson wrote:
>
>> Closed-source plugins for a non-free plugin interface is progress?
>
> Or course it is. It's all about options (you're free to *not* use them,
> or course). I try to avoid VSTs if possible, but others are depending on
> them.

Agreed -- closed-source VSTs may not be ideal, but they're another
option, and the more options Linux has, the broader an audience it can
appeal to.

>> I'll stick with my 'retrograde' LADSPA and LV2 plugins, thanks.
>
> That's fine...

Would it be possible to build an LV2 to VST adapter, so that I could use
native VSTs in Ardour, etc. in the same way that DSSI-VST lets
Rosegarden use Windows VST synths? Does something like this already exist?

Thanks
Leigh