[LAU] [LAD] Anyone have experience with OSS (3 or 4)?

Denis A. Altoé Falqueto denisfalqueto at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 14:07:48 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Jonathan E. Brickman
<jeb at joshuacorps.org> wrote:
> There are several cross-platform interfaces to audio drivers out there.
> Any developers care to suggest a few really good ones which do
> Linux/ALSA, Mac, and Windows?

I'm not an audio developer, but PulseAudio is almost what you ask. It
just doesn't support MacOs yet (I think I've read something about that
in the PA mailing list, so it could change soon), but there's support
[1] for Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD and native Win32. Pretty cool.

[1] http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/AboutPulseAudio#SupportedOperatingSystems

--
A: Because it obfuscates the reading.
Q: Why is top posting so bad?