[LAU] Beatrix in the house

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Sun Dec 27 16:45:04 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 05:40:20PM +0100, rosea grammostola wrote:
> Martin Homuth-Rosemann wrote:

> >> Dig through the list archives.
> >>
> >> I tried, and found some mention of it, but not the actual email. The patch
> >>  didn't get posted to the list, but I'm pretty sure the author of the
> >>  non-patch patch offered it to anyone who asked.
> >>

> > I searched my bookmarks and found this:
> > http://rg42.org/wiki/beatrix
> thanks,
>
> Ken could you be a bit more specific about how to solve this?
>
> " The denormal bug in the Leslie simulator that was causing it to suck
> up 90% CPU usage. After some experimentation, adding 1e-10 to the input
> to the Leslie simulator function solved that problem (whew)."

It's literally adding "+ 1e-10" to the end of one line, in the function that does the Leslie processing (takes an input buffer, and outputs an output buffer).

The place to do that is pretty obvious if you are familiar with C programming, and using a for loop to iterate a pointer through a buffer. Otherwise, I don't think any explanation I'd give would make any sense anyway.

I really wish the guy would relicense his code, but he won't. It's great code, and it's his, so I'm just going to have to leave it at that. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Ask me a question about something that's GPL or otherwise Free Software and I'll post patches all day :-)

-ken