[LAU] And another Bach

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Wed Jul 1 12:33:55 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 06:17:45PM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi Ken|!
>   I'm not sure there's any pedal in this. But LinuxSampler can do it. I
> used the "OLD LADY" Steinway Grand from PMI/sampletekk in the GigaStudio3
> version. I admit, I was astounded when I heard this oen for the first
> time. There should be wextraq key click in it as well. :-)

Wow, I'm assuming you mean this:

http://www.sampletekk.com/products.php?cat=44&pg=2

I would like to buy that and try it out. Or maybe the Bosendorfer one? Do you  have it or have you tried that one?

How do their samples work with LinuxSampler? Any weird compatibility issues (i.e. copy protection, proprietary WINE-requiring crap, etc.?)

Somewhat separate question: if I sent you a MIDI file of one of my avante-garde  piano pieces, could I ask you to run it through LinuxSampler with that patch, and send me an OGG of it to check out?

-ken