[LAU] USB audio interface support?

Allan Wind allan_wind at lifeintegrity.com
Wed Nov 25 18:57:49 EST 2009

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/how-make-m-audio-transit-worn-ubuntu-243027/
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/m-audio-transit-ubuntu-7-04-feisty-fawn-241650/

> b) Alesis IO|2 Audio/Midi Interface

It is one of the few devices with independent volume control for
line out and head phone which for me was an important feature.
There are some nasty pops on power up/down otherwise I have been
happy with it.

> c) Tascam US-144 USB 2.0 Audio and Midi Interface

Tascam is not still not interested in supporting linux, right?

> d) Edirol UA-4FX USB Audio/MIDI Interface

http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Edirol_UA-4FX

I had a UA-25EX at one point and it did not have separate volume
control for line out and head phones. Switching between 48 kHz
duplex and 96 kHz half-duplex made 96 kHz requires switching
modes on the back of the device plus rebooting it.  It made 96
kHz a non-usable feature to me.  The device I got was defective a
well, and it took Roland a week I think to call me back.  By then
I had to returned the my UA-25EX in favor of the Alesis iO|2.

/Allan
--
Allan Wind
Life Integrity, LLC