[LAU] lmms static through jackd

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 09:45:22 EDT 2009

2009/10/11 Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com>

> I'm surprised by your comment, and I think you're reading too much into
> my own.

Yes, now that I take a look at my reply again it appears to have mistaken
critique for condemnation. My bad, Dave =p

It just occured to me that everytime "LMMS" pops up here it's bombarded with
the fact that it doesn't play nice with JACK, and as such should not be
considered as a viable option for a Linux sequencing/synthesizing
application. To an extent that to someone who does use LMMS, it's FUD.

Not JACK-friendly = true
Not usable = false

Personally, it's helped me quite a lot in checking out my compositions
against SF2 banks. And back when it didn't have SF2, it served as my primary
sequencer and VSTi host (from which vestige came along). It still does.

> Frankly, if I'm writing an audio app then I would make sure that
> critical audio issues receive the bulk of my attention. From what I've
> gleaned from the discourse here, I'd conclude that the LMMS devs do want
> to improve their JACK support, but they don't know how. The LAD and JACK
> mail lists exist for just such a purpose, perhaps the LMMS devs can be
> directed to those lists for the assistance they need.

Correct, but as you and I both know, there are developers who take the
initiative to ask for solutions and those who don't.

Anyway, you're right - I'm reading too much into it =/