[LAU] new music made with linux (and some hardware).. plus a little plug for linux audio ..

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Thu Sep 3 10:26:38 EDT 2009

sonofzev at iinet.net.au wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> I've released some more music, mixed with Ardour...
>
> http://www.junodownload.com/products/1461837-02.htm

Wow. Not my personal cup of tea, but deftly made. You obviously know
what you're after.

Some technical questions: How many audio fragments do you typically use
in a work like Tomms ? How do you usually assemble the mix ? Do you lay
a percussion track down first ? And how did you do the percussion anyway
? How much did Ardour help you with the audio files, i.e. did you use
its time-stretch or other tools to edit/alter the audio sources ?

Despite the music not being what I work towards, I'm still fascinated by
a production like this. Thanks for sharing your work again.

Best,

dp