[LAU] Ext3 or JFS (or other) for linux audio?

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Tue Sep 8 09:52:34 EDT 2009

On Tue, 8 Sep 2009, cunnilinux himself wrote:

> Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 10:32:40 +0300
> From: cunnilinux himself <cunnilinux at gmail.com>
> To: linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org
> Subject: Re: [LAU] Ext3 or JFS (or other) for linux audio?
>
>> Ext3 or JFS
> quite a strange question, imnsho :)
> i'd rather ask about ext4 vs xfs
>
> i would not recommend ext3 — too slow
>
> xfs is fast & reliable, but at least it does not have any tools to
> deal with bad blocks if they appear.
>
> so the answer is ext4.

  I'm looking at this same question myself, but with one additional
constraint: Support on the Mac OSX platform - I frequently share my
projects with a collaborator who has one.  A quick search turned up
several people who are just *beginning* to develop ext4 support for OSX.

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009