[LAU] Linux Compatible Audio Interface with ADAT?

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Sep 10 14:53:38 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Thursday 10 September 2009 19:17:55 Zachary Klein wrote:
> Thanks for the replies. I can't seem to find the Saffire 24 on ffado.org,
> though some folks seem to have had success with it.

"Some folks" meaning ppalmers and me :-) It is one of the first DICE-II based
products to be supported. And if I remember correctly, the pro40 was shipped
to ppalmers before it was available in stores.

> ffado doesn't list
> device's IO, so it's hard to know which ones might use ADAT.

Well,a) ffado.org is not a vendors marketing site and b) it links to the
vendors homepage in the device-database.

> Can someone confirm that the Saffire 24 is supported under linux? Does it
> perhaps share the same driver as the Saffire 40?

It works in trunk. In the 2.0 branch the dice-code should be included, but the
configuration for the devices and the mixer-support isn't there.

Arnold