[LAU] looping with jack

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Wed Sep 16 17:29:04 EDT 2009

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009, hollunder at gmx.at wrote:

> Afaik any sequencer that supports jack transport should be able to
> loop and relocate as well as start/stop together. Ardour is one of many
> apps that work with jack transport.
> I think I haven't really understood your requirement about one that
> syncs and one that doesn't, please clarify if the answer wasn't
> sufficient.

The JACK transport can't be used for real-time looping.  It will always
pause on the relocate, especially if there are any "slow sync" clients.[1]
So, I think what the OP is wanting is loop-synchronization without forcing
the transport to relocate.  So, synchronization requires some manner of
time-line "smarts."

-gabriel

[1] http://preview.tinyurl.com/p4fkey