[LAU] midi over ethernet

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Wed Apr 28 20:22:26 UTC 2010

On 04/28/2010 08:12 PM, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>
>> or yours truly qmidinet:
>>   http://qmidinet.sourceforge.net
>> which is exactly equivalent to the above but with a gui (system tray
>> icon)
>
> It seems to show up in my ubuntu 9.10 menu. However starting it from
> there throws an error dialog:
>
> Failed to execute child process "/usr/local/bin/qmidictl" (No such file
> or directory)
>
> I'm not sure what qmidictl is, but it seems like a missing dependency...

i don't know why it barks about qmidictl when this is completely
independent of qmidinet.

although the perfect companion and also possible, qmidictl is supposed
to run on a n900 (maemo5), seldom on a desktop or laptop pc

make sure you have qmidinet, nothing else. there's no need for guess ip
addresses or hostnaming it's all ootbpnp (out of the box plug'n'play:)

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org