[LAU] Campaign: "The most remarkable album on this entire planet"

Lorenzo lsutton at libero.it
Tue Jun 1 13:19:46 UTC 2010

Hi Leonard,

First of all let me say I respect and admire what you're trying to
accomplish and wish you all the best.

That said, I think much of the flame started because of
misunderstanding. From what I can see you are seeking for
sponsorship/donations to produce your CC open-source-based music. IMHO
there's nothing bad with that: I'm happy that people like Monteverdi,
Purcell, Vivaldi (to name a few) were sponsored in the past.
I think some people misunderstood that, as you write
> we believe that financial interests interfere with quality, truth and
> honesty in art, and we wish to set an example.

which can be a point, but then you *do* need €1485/month for rent, food,
insurances... etc. again nothing wrong with that at all.
I guess many on this list would like to quit their every-day jobs and
only do music.. but there's that rent food etc. waiting :).. and I know
people for whom that can be an artistic and "honest" stimulus to make
art/music as much as wealthy pop-stars (remember also blues and
work-songs started partly with exploited people who had nothing but
their music...)

All the best and kind regards,
Lorenzo.