[LAU] xruns on ubuntu w edirol FA101

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 16:58:37 UTC 2010

Hi Atte,

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010, Atte André Jensen wrote:

> On 2010-06-04 18:41, hermann wrote:
>>
>> Why dot you let him install AV Linux,
>
> 1) Because I'm gonna have to help him alot, and I don't know AV linux.
>
> 2) Because I refuse to believe that it's something wrong with ubuntu, at
> least that's what my experience (with arch and debian) tells me.
>
> 3) Because I refuse to let
> this-version-of-this-distro-runs-out-of-the-box-on-this-hardware dictate
> choice of distro. What if the next update runs bad, should he change distro,
> then? Not a good start for a newbie like him.

All very good reasons, BUT...

I think perhaps "install" was a bad choice of words on
Hermann's part.  AVLinux can be run simply as a LiveCD.
If you run AVLinux and things "just work"... then it's a
probably a simple configuration issue.  If they don't...
then you may be messing with something deeper (like lack of
a USB 2.0 controller or something).

In a similar way, when things "just work" with a Knoppix
CD... but they don't work with my installed OS -- that was
helpful information to me.

BTW, Does Lucid have a RT kernel?  I thought they were using
the .32 kernel (for which there is no RT patch).

Peace,
Gabriel