[LAU] turning a consumer soundcard into "prosumer" w/ quasi-balanced outs

Monty Montgomery xiphmont at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 13:13:05 UTC 2010

> The stuff around 14 kHz in R is strange. It's noise, not a
> single frequency interference. No idea where it comes from.

Last time I saw a random peak that strong, it turned out to be a
byproduct from an opamp that was underdamped and self-oscillating at
about 10MHz...  It moved around just a little bit as the oscillation
wasn't itself entirely stable.  Complete shot in the dark, I do't
expect to ever see it again (except in homebrew designs that are
slapped together without alot of design analysis).

Ah, the fun of using sound cards as analyzers :-)

Monty