[LAU] audacity alternative?

Joep L. Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Fri Jun 11 13:57:57 UTC 2010

Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 06/11/2010 03:16 PM, Joep L. Blom wrote:

>>  most pressing problem is the fact that I get lots of XRUN errors which
>> clip the sound so a notmal mix cannot be made. I cannot understand why

> Hello joep,
>
> What type of soundcard are you using? And what are your current JACK
> settings? These settings are stored in your home folder, in the C
> file, could you post the content of that file?
>
> Best,
>
> Jeremy

Jere,y,
Thanks for your speedy reply.
I use the build-in sound card which is advertised as
the NVIDIA MCP72XE/MCP72P/MCP78U/MCP78S High Definition Audio.

I know I should buy a more sophisticated card but boards like the
Terratec DMX6fire24/96 or M-Audio Delta 410 have prices here in Holland
which are way over the prices you pay (€189,00 is the cheapest).
Moreover I use it to edit using headphones as audio output for computers
is, in my opinion very bad or you use a pair of studio monitors (I use
Yamaha 60 W as output boxes for my E-piano for use in small rooms. As
I'm a jazz-pianist and people prefer to listen so you don't need
decibels to go over crowd noise!). But those are expensive.
My jack settings are:
/usr/bin/jackd -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p1024 -n2.
I hope you can help me out.
Joep