[LAU] Lucid Lynx and RT Kernels

Jean-Yves Poilleux jypllx at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 18:51:51 UTC 2010

Hi everyone

I have a question about Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx and RT kernels. Well all
kernels actually but I'm most interested in the RT ones for music.

I've noticed when using my 2.6.31-10 RT kernel an error message appears on
booting : "mount : mounting none on /dev failed" then everything is quite
slow. This error doesn't occur when using a 2.6.32 generic kernel.
Apparently, it has something to do with a new filesystem and kernel versions
prior or older than 2.6.32.

Does anyone know about this ? I've been searching through the internet but
didn't any *good* explanation. Just bits.

Thanks !

jy